A Richard Littlejohn Fan Writes…

A while back whilst posting about Richard Littlejohn I pondered over what sort of person actually reads his made up tripe and thinks: ‘Yes! Richard Littlejohn is really telling it like it is, I believe his output.’ I suggested that I had found a Littlejohn believer after Barry Faulkner posted this comment on my blog:

I like him,,,, but then i’m probably from the same generation and views. This country is sliding downward at an ever faster pace. You need ppl like Littlejohn to speask their mind and say what the vast majority are thinking

Furthermore I visited the link to Barry’s blog and concluded that he was exactly the kind of semi-literate, gullible, ranting tool that laps up not just Littlejohn’s fact free content, but the entire message of the Daily Mail. From further comments posted under the same article I can see that a few of you have visited his angry rantings and posted some highlights. Obviously Barry has seen the increase in traffic and found my original post, which he has taken the time to respond to:

Thanks for not publishing my replies…..typical …say wht you want and silence any other views.

Considering I have never used comment moderation I found this published comment rather humorous, especially because it revealed perfect Littlejohn paranoia: that although the vast majority of the mainstream press is slightly to the right of Hitler; somehow the left actually dominates discourse and someone silences any other views… although we can find these views every day in the Mail, Express, Sun, Telegraph and so on. Seems the left – including me, presumably, for publishing Barry’s comment – is doing a pretty bad job of suppressing dissent.

Still, Barry is nothing if not a trier and he managed to get not one, but two comments past my non-existent moderation:

Well, first off thanks for promoting my blog…. but if you are going to call me an idiot then get a few facts right…I have no truck with the far right and certainly am not a ‘ diversity Nazi’ my blog asks for arguments and comments so let’s dispel that lie from you.

At no point did I call Barry a ‘Diversity Nazi’, here is what I actually said:

He’s the sort of person that could probably sit there with a straight face and argue that people interested in equality and fairness for all human beings are actually ‘diversity nazis’.

So Barry, get your facts straight, I wasn’t calling you a ‘diversity Nazi’, I was calling you an ignorant half-wit who was probably stupid enough to use the term on others. You know, I could be a ‘diversity Nazi’ by being fond of our multi-cultural society and accepting of people who are different to me, whilst at the same time suppressing comments on my blog from right-wing basket cases as if I were a Nazi suppressing free speech. Of course, I do not moderate my comments, so the accusation would not be accurate, but I hope you understand the point I am making all the same.

Kendo needs to check facts before deriding them and both Subtle and JB need to do the same. C M Carter goes to my blog but can’t be arsed to read it….perhaps he goes to library but can’t be arsed to take out a book…I don’t hide behind pseudonyms and snipe and I would think that under your lefty constitution I would get more than a set of crayons in my old age…how about a large piece jigsaw and a colouring book…so please get things right before posting… now you must all be very tired with your childish sniggering so go get your nappies changed and have a little sleep. And if all you can fault is my placing. of . full stops. get a life.

As for the rest of the comment, I really am at a loss. Like reading your blog I can barely make any kind of sense of this Virginia-Woolf-on-speed stream of consciousnous. If you’re going to call me names, at least take the time to make sure I know I am being insulted. Your comment should be aiming to upset or belittle me, not make me rather smugly point out that yes, Littlejohn’s fans really are thick enough to believe him.

If you are at all representative of Littlejohn’s fan club I can finally understand why you want him to be PM, call him a genius and genuinely think that Littlejohn is the satirical heir to Oscar Wilde (without the overt gayness of course). Compared to you, he is a bloody genius and a fantastic writer because he can generally put commas and full stops in the right place and although his childish arguments can be torn apart with a quick Google search or simply by the reader having a double-figure braincell count – at least we can vaguely understand them. As opposed to the incomprehensible gibberish you spout or your blog and in my comments section.

Still, at least you finally have evidence that New Labour are hell bent on only employing immigrants, if I may quote a recentĀ blog postĀ of yours (titled: ‘Its a fact Brown‘ [sic]);

Whilst our young people waste away in the benefit wilderness….one million nine hundred thousand UK jobs have gone to immigrant labour since Labour took control in 1997 Fact.

I’ll just kindly you point you in the direction of the following blog posts:

Of course, if you find those links all a bit to confusing – being referenced, factual, adult blog posts may come as quite a culture shock to a Littlejohn reader – then why not hop over to Littlejohn’s latest column. In it he is correcting the entire aviation industry with his superior knowledge of jet engines and ash, as well as correcting the entire scientific community (apart from the ones working for oil companies) on global warming: which as we all know is a myth because we had some snow over Christmas.

For those of you reading this who are not Barry Faulkner, remember: you might think there is no-one stupid enough to really believe what the tabloids print, but sadly there is, and his name is Barry Faulkner.

If you feel you can help Barry overcome his addiction to Richard Littlejohn, please contact him via his blog (WARNING: not safe for braincells).

• James Eliot says:

I just feel so achingly sorry for Barry Faulkner. It’s so palpably easy to tear apart his bullshit ideas, but still he clings to them in desperation, never once citing an alternative data source that could prove him right (no data source exists, of course).

I say I feel sorry for him, but then I remember that he still gets as much as a vote as I do in the coming election, and that’s simply not fair.

• LazyJourno says:

Brilliantly his solution to the airport closures is for the planes to fly lower because the ash is quite high up.

He also predictably mentions the ‘Sainsburys butcher can’t use knife’ lie as an example of more ‘elf n safety’ madness. He’s getting to the stage where you could actually have a pretty decent stab at writing what he’s going to say before he’s done it.

• ACG says:

I don’t know why I didn’t heed your warning about the blog there. His current post is simple enough (a review of last nights debate that comes to more or less the same conclusion as everyone else), but reading it is like decoding the Rosetta stone.

Everyone knows about caps-lock already, but I think it’s time we bought peoples attention to the terrible abuse of ellipses that also goes on in internet rantings.

• ACG says:

I thought about that solution myself yesterday, but then, not being Littlejohn, my next thought was,
    “well, if it were that simple they would have done it, so it’s presumably much more complicated than that and aeronautical experts are going to know a great deal more about this than me obviously.”
    I wonder what it is that Littlejohn does? Miss out this analitical thought process entirely and just go and write it up? Or does he really think he know’s better than people who’ve studied this kind of thing for years?

• George says:

I was overjoyed when I saw common sense prevail on the Daily Heil comments section of LittleJohn’s ash cloud article today. I really didn’t think they had it in them, but they were actually DISAGREEING with him! Maybe there is hope yet. Well, wishful thinking is better than the truth sometimes..

• Malcolm says:

Damn you Mr Faulkner! Damn you to hell! Here I was believing in freedom, human rights etc, but now you’ve come along with your quite frankly retarded, ill-informed views regurgitated from the quivering dung-heap that is Richard Littlejohn and you’ve shown me that we need to engage on a major eugenics program. If there are really people as moronic, idiotic and down-right stupid as you, I worry for the future of Britain. I don’t mind immigrants coming here, as clearly if they breed with all the British women quickly enough, it will cancel out the damage your faulty genes would do to this country. Barry, do the world a favour and either cut your gonads off with a knife or instead do some research and try to understand the truth about this world. Richard Littlejohn is using you Barry so that he can push the agenda of his paymasters. He doesn’t care about you Barry or the people of Britain. Littlejohn is just a fat, Nazi cunt.

• Kendo Nackadogin says:

Nice to know that I don’t check facts before deriding them. Of course, it’s a bit more accurate to say that I deride blinkered propaganda masquerading as facts, or Littlejohn writing as it’s more commonly-known.

I do feel a certain sympathy for Barry, but good grief there’s only so much ignorance that I can stomach at one go.

• Oh well…your replies are as expected….Kendo still can’t do the research and Eugenics use of the ‘c’ word slots him nicely into the gutter…J Elliot is wrong as well, I do check my facts on the Government sites as he and Kendo could do if they wanted to but then it would prove my points so they don’t. And I would just remind you that when you creep out of your squats to collect your benefit payments it’s highly paid people like Littlejohn whose taxes provide them. I won’t bother looking here again so don’t bother to reply…I had hoped for some ‘ grown up’ postings but sadly you are not capable.

• Uponnothing says:

So, it is high-earning non-UK tax payers that are paying for benefits?

I thought it was people earning huge amounts of money and not paying UK tax on it that causes the tax burden to be unfairly placed on low earners.

Another fantastically deluded defence of Littlejohn Barry, at least you prove that Littlejohn’s fan club are as adept at making it up as he is.

Furthermore, I like the way you assume that anybody who disagrees with lying right-wing tabloid hacks must be living in ‘squats’ and only leave them to claim benefits. Wonderful, do you have any evidence to suggest that this is the case?

Having never claimed a benefit in my live an having worked solidly since graduating from University, I can’t say any of your points have struck a chord.

Still, thanks for taking the time to post something vaguely readable this time – and proving my point that when it comes to ignorance Littlejohn’s fan club are right up there with him.

• Kendo Nackadogin says:

Apparently, I creep out of my squat to collect my benefits payments. Considering that I pay rent (fact), taxes (fact), and work for the Civil Service to provide emergency loans for those who genuinely need them (we’re trained to weed out scroungers) full time (fact), you’ve already made several wildly-inaccurate assumptions about me. As for my lack of research, I refer you to the blog postings linked to in the article. Plenty of facts there. Although I suppose the fact that they’re being deployed by evil loony lefties who dare to criticise the god-like genius and common touch of Littlejohn automatically makes them lies in your eyes. How very sad.

• Richard Littlejohn says:

Barry, you are absolutely right. These dirty loony liberals are just making it up. Immigrants are clearly a huge problem, coming over here and taking our jobs. You and I should meet up so that we can have a good discussion about these damned loony liberals. Maybe I can smother you in baby-oil and give you a good rub down before slowly sliding my penis into your tight, hot anus. Sound good ay? Don’t worry, it won’t be gay as I’ll be reading from Leviticus and insulting black people whilst buggering you and giving a good reach around. Bloody diversity Nazis. You couldn’t make it up!

• James says:

“I won’t bother looking here again so don’t bother to reply”

Translation: “Uh-oh, they’re whipping me. Bail out!” And with that, Brave Sir Barry ran away.