A (moderated) comment on today’s  Littlejohn column:

What the...?

I cannot find the words.

1. Posted August 20, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

I’m just wondering, how much bias does a bowling green have on a summers day? And is the bias different depending on the season?

2. John
    Posted August 20, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

erm? Nope, no idea.

3. Posted August 20, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

I’d probably be stunned to silence too if I knew what the hell he was talking about. Some of the problems he’s talking about surely just mean he needs to give his aerial a thump.

I was mostly unsettled by the sudden bizarre identity crisis brought on when I saw that his username was also my nickname at school for about seven years. I’m getting confused now as to what deranged opinions I truly hold now.

4. Posted August 20, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Wow… these people are surely insane…

5. Posted August 20, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

The worrying thing is *at least* 29 people liked that post.

I’d warrant there is a fair whack of people disliking it so the number is probably larger. wtf…

Good to have you back!

6. Nick
    Posted August 21, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

I think someone’s tinfoil hat needs an upgrade! More tinfoil sir!

7. Li z Church
    Posted August 22, 2010 at 7:58 am | Permalink

Priceless. Not a clue what it’s about but I’ll frame it and hang it on the wall anyway. Trouble is: which way up does it go?

8. Bob
    Posted August 22, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

#1 Crown greens have a bias, but the bowls used also have a bias to enable you to counteract the bias of the green. However if you use the bias of the bowl in the same direction as the bias of the green you can get a severe left (or right) swing, depending on direction of travel.

Do you think this is what he is referring to? :)

9. Dralienfromzog
    Posted August 22, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

Be fair, the moderators have a lot of work to do! For example, they didn’t allow this comment from me:

“Oh Richard, there is no silent majority, there is only you and your deluded disciples and you are anything but silent and fortunately you are not a majority either.”

I wonder why the moderators didn’t allow that through????!!!!!

10. Ken Shinn
    Posted August 22, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Permalink

I can find the words. Contemptible, stupid cunt.

11. Tom
    Posted August 23, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

A Speak Your’re Branes classic there surely

12. Posted August 24, 2010 at 10:00 am | Permalink

Ahem. The balls used in crown green bowling are not precisely spherical – they are slightly distorted to one side or the other, creating a weight imbalnce that causes them to curve to the left or right as they roll along the green. This imbalance is known as “bias”.

I’ll get me coat…